Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kylee Time

I should be finishing my taxes. I do projects like that when Kale is asleep. So here I am doing my taxes, and mostly writing and posting a few photos from Kylee.

My cousin Kylee moved to Phoenix in January. She works a lot at her fancy hotel job, but she still makes time for us. We went to the Gilbert Temple open-house in February. The lines to get in were crazy long. Kale and I had gone with Garrett a week or so before (unfortunately we did not get any family pictures together), so we knew where the lines were. Kylee and I decided to skip the film prior to the tour and just got right in line to enter the temple. The line and wait time was much shorter this way. If you act like you know what you are doing no one questions you.


This is my favorite view from the outside of the Gilbert Temple. The picture does not do justice the lane of palm trees guiding you to the towering white majesty. The step fountain, which we are mostly covering, adds to directing your eyes to the focal point. Well done architects.


Kale was happy as a clam in his little bundle. When I see pictures of him in the sling it always looks uncomfortable. But he is content when he is carried and seems to love it. 

Last Wednesday we hiked Camelback Mountain. I have done this hike a handful of times. It is a fun one. There is a good view of the valley. The terrain at the end it steep and there is a lot of boulder climbing. Though my sisters went to the top last spring break in flip flops, Kale and I sat it out this time. Waiting at the saddle, while Kylee scampered to the top.

The backpack carrier was so fun! Other hikers were envious of Kale's ride. He let me know he was there as he tapped his little fingers on my back and neck, and pulled an occasional stray hair. It was pretty windy at the saddle. Gusts would get Kale in the face. He never whined or cried once. Being outdoors soothes him and/or keeps him throughly entertained. 


I love Kale's little face peeking out of his seat. We went during Kale's morning nap time. I thought for sure he would fall asleep. He was alert the whole way up and as we walked around at the saddle. He conked out at the very, very end. The seat is well padded for him to lay against. 

2 comments: