I don't feel any pressure to keep up with this blog, it is another journaling method. But it was fun to look back at a few posts and felt like adding another entry.
We moved. We left my beloved Phoenix. "My" beloved, not "our" beloved. Garrett does not share my same sentiment about the state as I do. It's not just the geographical location, so much as the people and it was home. Au Revoir friends, Papago Park, no daylight savings, warm winters, warm all the time, Boulder Creek Apartments, book group, Camelview, Saguaro library, Frys grocery store, splash pads, swimming pools, "quick" drives to California...Au Revoir.
Bonjour snow.
We have been in Salt Lake about a month now. I told Garrett last week that I feel settled. We are moved in (it was a feat for me with two little children). I have found places to shop, a park, and the library. There is always a thrill in discovering new places, and joy in being near family and friends. Garrett throughly enjoys his job. Which is priceless to me. As a bonus we are very close to U of U campus where he works. No commute is also a win.
Au Revoir 2015.
| (Kale January 28th 2015. Swinging in the back yard of the Mehr's in Phoenix, AZ.) |
| (Kale January 23rd 2016. Sledding at Sugar House Park in Salt Lake.) |
I'm glad you are all settled, but this post just makes me miss you all even more! I can hardly wait to hear/read about your new adventures.
ReplyDelete