Wednesday, April 1, 2015
St. Patrick's Day Party
We had a St. Patrick's Day party this year. Our last party was the Harry Potter party in October, and we were over due for another one.
I invited a lot of people, thinking most probably wouldn't come, but at least they would feel included. Almost everyone RSVPed with "yes they were coming". You just never know, right.
I used some of my Provo High School reunion banners, because they were green and white. Everyone offered to bring things. We had rainbow fruit platters, green cupcakes, spinach salad, green veggies and dip, chips and guacamole.
For the party we had a root beer taste test. I got tiny plastic shot cups. They were so tiny and cute. (I love tiny things). I had eight different brands of root beer for everyone to sample and guess the brand. The choices were:
IBC
Dads
Barq's
Big K (generic, Fry's brand)
Mugs
Jones Soda
A&W's
Teddy's
We gave all the guests crackers to "cleanse their palate" between each brand of root beer. I was serving so I didn't really participate. But was still super fun. Dad's root beer was gross. A&W's was most vanilla flavored. Barq's seemed to be the fizziest. I could not distinguish any without looking at the labels.
Brandon Burnham won having four correct. Two people tied for second-place. The two in second place, Zack and Billy had a drink off. Whoever guessed the correct brand won second. After three different root beers Billy finally guessed correctly.
It was fun and fun to visit after the root beer game. I got a babysitter for Kale, last minute. It was nice to be able to throw a party and not have him running around. I love him, but as he gets older it's harder to be a host.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You throw the best parties. Kale's birthday is coming up (sort of) are you planning another costume type party? It could be a tradition! :)
ReplyDelete