I warned Garrett that when I got home I would tell him I want to live in Utah. I do. The green mountains enchanted me. Maybe it is greener this year, or I am so used to sandy yellow desert, but everything was so beautiful. I wanted my mom to stop as we were driving in Provo Canyon so I could take some photos. My sisters thought I was coo-coo. We have been driving through the canyon for years to get to our grandparents home in Heber. I don't think I have ever stopped for a photo before.
Mountains are a good reason to move to Utah, family is another reason. Not even half of my siblings are home, but it is so nice having family around. There is always someone to do something with. And everyone is so helpful and loving with Kale (or as Aaron called him, Kaleburt). Simple pleasures like the companionship of Claire, my moms stories,watching Aaron play in a tennis tournament, or having people to play tennis with, listening to Aaron heckle my dad while playing badminton (for the record dad beat Aaron), hearing Olivia's cheers, and finally meeting Tom's amazing fiancé are good reasons to live near family.
We are able to visit with my grandparents. Claire and I visited my Grandma Smedley in Heber one day. Grandma was talking about the impact of the Rainbow People who are camping near Heber. She talked about different troubling things going on in the world. I feel so blessed, amid the crises of the world, I sat on the porch with my dear friend and grandma, admiring the big aspen trees and then ate delicious garden vegetable soup with my sister and son. I could not ask for anything more.
Thanks for the memories and the great trip.







Love the pictures!
ReplyDelete