The first day was easy going. Nate showed us around thier town of Louisville. We walked right from their house to parks, brightly painted houses, elaborate gardens, and the cutest little down town. Garrett, Kale and I ventured on a longer walk later to Kristin's favorite orchid shop.
Day two (and three) could have their own entries, but we will keep this Readers Digest style. So, day two, we drove down to Colorado Springs while Kristin and Nate had to work. I did not know if I wanted to make the hour and a half drive there from Louisville, but as we approached I could not stop smiling. I was so happy to be back to the place of such fond summer memories. (I did an internship there the summer of 2009...it was magical). Our first stop was Garden of the Gods. We hiked along a trail that over looks the red rock formations. It is a dirt trail with trees ans shade. Afterwards Garrett said he felt very peaceful on the hike. It was tranquil. On the way back we came down closer to the rock formations. Garrett shuddered at the rock climbers, and it was totally started by a deer jumping right I front of us across our path. We finished just as a light sprinkling of rain started.
I took Garrett to Manitu Springs. He did not feel up for a hike or walk. He was in tune, because just as we started out it started raining really hard, then hailing! All around us the roads were white from hail. Downward slopes were rivers of rain water. As quick as it started, it was over. We then Mae our way to the Bairs, the dear family I stayed with while doing my internship. It wa so good to see them and catch up. I could go on and on, just know, they have, and will always have a very special place in my heart.
Day three was our seven miler. Garrett was the one who wanted to continue hiking, so we pushed on. Being in the mountains is like relief to the soul. I didn't realize how much I love them and miss them. We hiked to a bridge and little waterfalls. Everything was so pretty. Kale was good in the back pack for all seven miles, well maybe 6.7 miles. He did have a little crying bout before he fell asleep. He might have been cold. It was hard to know how to dress him in Colorado. It was sunny and rainy all I one day. I am so used to the forecast of hot. We rewrapped him and he slept most of the way back.
The last day we went into Boulder. We walked down Pearl Street. It is full of outdoorsy places, art shops and other nifty stores you would expect to find in Boulder Colorado. We could have people watched for days. I liked the teeny tiny dice in some of the shops and these sweet octopus ten tenticals that you put on each finger like Halloween witch fingers.
Then we took a mountain drive through a town called Nederland. The mountains are so beautiful! If the attorney thing does not work out for Garrett he said he is going to move to Nederland and sell beads. So if you can't find us that is where we will be.
There is the sketch of our delightful vacation. Like I said Kris and Nate were great hosts. They made us great meals, took Kale on walks so we could sleep in, and took tons of great Kale photos. We had fun being with them and talking with them...in colorful Colorado!





Move here now please!!!
ReplyDelete