Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mr. Nuggles

Lately I have been calling Kale Mr. Nuggles (short for snuggles). He is in a phase of "please-please-hold-me-and-never-put-me-down". He was so good about playing by himself, but now he wants constant snuggles. He is fun to play with and his neediness helps me slow down. I appreciate my time with him. I peck on the key board, unload the dishwasher and do everything else one handed. When I need both hands, he gets slung on to me in his little green papoose.  Mostly though, we sit and rock or walk outside. Being a mom is the best.


At four months old Kale likes to stand up. He is a whole 25 1/4 inches tall. I support him as he stands. Sometimes he stands with such control, other times he wiggles like a wet noodle. He laughs more and pterodactyl shrieks. He has lost his little side burns. His low forehead hair line seems to have moved back with the growth of his head. He has hair growth on the temporal lobes. (Speaking of hair...postpartum hair loss is real! Ugh.)



1 comment: