Friday, November 15, 2013

Rolling Rolling Rolling

Today Kale rolled over for the first time! I was not expecting it at all.  He was a little congested this morning, and having trouble eating (you mouth breathers know what I am taking about). I laid him face down on my lap, because it is a position he usually does not like, he gets up set and snorts. The snorting is essentially him blowing his nose. But no snorting. He was happy to lay on my lap bobbling his head with his little neck muscles. I moved him to his pack n play bed to see if prolonged tummy time would eventually get some snorts out of him. He squirmed and kicked, and instead of the snorts I was hoping for he rolled over to his left onto his back. It was exciting. To be sure it was not something that randomly happened, I put him on his stomach again, and he rolled over again. So, it was for reals. Third time (it was so cute I wanted to watch it again), he rolled to his side, but didn't quite make it to his back. 

I love watching him learn new things and develop. It also makes me miss my tiny boy already! He is discovering holding things and putting his thumb in his mouth. He is mesmerized by his fists and fingers. He is captivated by dancing them slowly in front of his face. Each day it is a joy to be with him.



1 comment:

  1. First of all, what a darling little outfit. Secondly, I can't believe he's rolling - can't wait to start hitting those 4 month milestones, huh?

    Dad told me that Kale is turning into an opinionated little thing - Dad said Kale will give you "the business" if you hold him in a way that is not to his liking. I'm just hoping he decides to like his Aunt Kristin and Uncle Nate at Christmas!

    Love you all.

    K

    ReplyDelete