We drove to Utah for Garrett's fall break. Mark and Jess also flew in for the week from Nebraska, so Kale got to meet his cousins! James and baby Alice.
| Alice and Kale meeting for the first time. Kale was born the 3rd and Alice was just behind him on the 24th of August. I am holding Alice and Mark is holding Kale. |
| Notice the sneaking little finger going into Kale's ear. It is Olivia. For some reason she likes to "pick peoples ears". She was not actually allowed to pick Kale's ear, but here she is trying. |
We drove Saturday morning from St. George (where we had spent the night with our gracious friends) to Provo. Garrett was stomach sick so the 4 hour drive turned out to be longer because of the many pit stops. I felt so bad for the poor guy. Gas station bathrooms, side of the road, and the car are the last places you want to be when you are sick. Because of our delay we missed seeing Olivia's baptism and confirmation that morning. Aaron baptized her. One of the leaders made the mistake of thinking Aaron was Olivia's dad. He is tall, but he just turned 16, so I hope not! Garrett went straight to bed when we pulled up to my house. His family was all in town for Kale's blessing and we had planned to take family pictures Saturday...that did not happen with Garrett in bed. Luckily we were able to get a few pictures Sunday after the blessing.
Sunday the 13th turned out to be a "Kelemen" Sunday. "Kelemen" Sundays have happened before, it happens because there are eleven members in the Kelemen family. It is non intentional, we are just everywhere. To start Kate was spotlighted in Relief Society because she was turning 18. Then Mom taught the Sunday School lesson, because she is the teacher. In Sacrament meeting Aaron was recognized for turning 16 and advancing in the priesthood. Then Olivia was welcomed as the newest member in the ward for being baptized. My son and Mark's daughter were blessed. Aaron blessed the sacrament for the first time. Aunt Karen bore her testimony. So you see..."Kelemen" Sunday. Not to mention ALL sides of extended family there for the blessing. My dad's side, my mom's side, Jessica family and Garrett's family. It would take a whole other paragraph for me to list the family there. I love my family for being there. It is a blessing to have everyone in a family be so supportive. I had wanted to bare my testimony, of the plan of salvation, and God's love and being a part of families. I feel so much love when I think about my family. I lack the eloquence to convey the feeling and joy the gospel and family brings.
Garrett was nervous to give Kale's blessing. But he did such a great job! We had talked about blessings a lot leading up to it. Garrett did not want to have a prepared script. He said what was in his hear and mind as he gave the blessing. It was simple and perfect. Priesthood blessings are beautiful because they are from Heavenly Father. I think he cried a little at the end. Not screaming or anything too distracting. I took him out. I listened to Mark give Alice a blessing from the foyer. It is fun they were blessed the same day.
The men in the circle for Kale's blessing included: his great grandpa Smedley (my moms father), grandpa Sens (Garrett's dad), grandpa Kelemen (my dad), uncle Nathan, uncles Mark and Tom (my brothers).
It was great spending a week playing monopoly, hiking, and good old fashioned family time. Mark is a man of action. I appreciate that. He wanted to hike Squaw Peak, and as we "figured out" when to go, he said lets go now, and we did. Hiking in the mountains felt SO good. Mark was ready to bound up the mountain, in postpartum state Jess and I were at a slower pace. Before we reached the meadow Mark ran ahead, literally ran, to tell us how far away the meadow was. Anyway it was a really fun hike.
| Mom watching both babies while we were hiking. |
My friends Tara and Philipp were married in the Salt Lake temple Friday, at the end of our week trip. I knew Philip in the MTC and Tara was a sister in my mission. We were all in Sweden renewing our visa's and I told Tara this Elder had the longest name, Phillip Wilhelm Eugen Luschin Von Ebengreuth. Her name is simply, Tara Bee, one of the shortest names. I joked with her and told her they should get married because the wedding announcement would be funny with the really long name and really short name together. That is how they first met. Apparently a match maker of sorts.
| Flashback: Sweden 2008 Tara is in the middle in a green sweater. Phillip is in the back, directly right to the sister in the red. (I am in orange, with my hair up, in case you didn't recognize me.) |
President Uchtdorf was their sealer. (Phillip is from Germany, and they are family friends). I thought perhaps he would seal them, then I saw Sister Harriet Uchtdorf come in and great the family, then sat as a guest. All sealers have the same authority, the advice he gave was not anything I had not heard before (though I really liked that he had little note cards of what he was saying and then gave it to the bride and groom so they could remember the few things he shared). The difference was in his presence or countenance. You know when people say, "there is something different about you", acknowledging the spirit or light you carry? He seemed to exude a greater portion of the spirit. I also felt a difference when he spoke of the Prophet, Gods power on the earth, and temple ordinances, it was very powerful.
There you have it, a baptism, a wedding, two blessings and a Kelemen Sunday.
p.s. There are more photos to come from the day of Kale's blessing. Kristin took same amazing photos. The Sens got their family photo after all.




No comments:
Post a Comment