Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat

This is Kale's trick. If I hold him in a standing position he moves his little legs in stepping motion. (It is a reflex, but call it "advanced" if you want). Garrett took the baby steps to the next level, by holding Kale under the arms with a blanket. I think this will work better when he is a little older. For now Kale just likes to be stiff as a board.


Our treat is sugar cookies. I remember my mom making sugar cookies for Halloween. I love my mom's sugar cookies. Garrett prefers his mom's chocolate chip cookies, and I adore my mom's sugar cookies. (And almost everything she makes). Since Garrett and I have been married I have made them every year. Three. We have been married for three Halloweens!


Our ward party and law-school-friend party were last weekend. Kale already had his dashing fire chief costume, so the rest of the costumes were created around that. The fire truck suited Garrett nicely. He is not the biggest fan of dressing up. He is always a good sport though. He was happy to put a box around his waist and not worry about itchy face make-up. I was fire. Abstract, but I needed to stick with our theme. I love dressing up. It's fun! I always enjoy putting our costumes together. 


Some friends in the ward: The Fox's, as Duck Dynasty and the Winter's as robbers. Reagan, the Duck was born a month before Kale, and Que, the bag money is three weeks younger then Kale. It is nice to have friends that live close by that are in the same stage of life. We we were pregnant at the same time and now we have babies who are so close in age. We are those moms that walk in the morning and take up the whole road. We have advanced to running as part of our walks. It's a good time.


Kale was very good at both parties. He was enthralled by all that was going on around him and by all the people. Then that little fire chief was exhausted from a long days work.

Josie the Gypsy.







1 comment:

  1. Cas, your costume is so clever! The headdress looks amazing. The not-dressing-up could be a Sens thing- I don't love it either. Sorry you're stuck with humbugs for Halloween- I think we make up for it at Christmas though!

    ReplyDelete