Saturday, June 1, 2013

Julia's Visit

My sister Julia came to Phoenix for a visit. I loved having her. Of course we played tennis (it's the Kelemen way). We have been sisters all our lives--well, all her life--and playing tennis for basically all our lives and we never knew we were such a good match. We each finally felt like we had someone that could hit on the same level as the other. Its too bad we didn't fig It is too bad we didn’t figure out our similar tennis skills until now, but I am grateful that we did. 
Julia and Garrett looking through the hole, with the hot hot sun behind them.
We had Hole In The Rock to ourselves. It was a perfect little hike and there was a great breeze through the hole. Swimming felt SO good after a morning of tennis and hiking.

Later Juls and I went to Old Town Scottsdale. We saw nifty art and shops. Julia is so fun to take because she is a good sport and enjoys and appreciates everything. She makes for the perfect travel buddy. One of the little art shops we popped into had the most brightly, thickly painted acrylic pieces. They were our favorite.


On Friday, we spent the night up in the White Mountains.



The metal tower behind us is where the Ranger Alan Allen (no, that's really his name)
looks out for fire and weather and makes maps. Basically, mom's dream job.

Julia and Garrett in a meadow that used to be a lake.

Here we are on a hike (from left to right): John, Kayla, Tracee, Me, Garrett, Julia
(There are actually 9 people in this picture...Kayla, Tracee and I are all pregnant!)
I wish we could have had Julia stay longer. At least one more day. It was so good having her. She is so pleasant and helpful. We walked around Tempe Town Lake before taking her to the airport.







No comments:

Post a Comment