For those of you who are curious for a baby update: I hear storms are supposed to induce labor, or something like that. This storm had no such effect.
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Rain
I am one of Arizona's fans. I like living here. There is no daylight savings, good infrastructure, low traffic, good cost of living, sunny weather, swimming, lots of running/biking/walking trails, parks, and year round tennis playing. But this summer the heat has been wearing on me. It has been extra hot and sweaty. Seriously I go outside or get in the car and sweat pours off my face and my under clothing it wet. I know "pouring sweat" sounds cliche, but that is what it does, drips off my nose and down my neck. I did not know my face had so many pours. With such conditions I was about to call it quits with Arizona, and join the rest who say, "it's too hot, I am not living here". Then, as if the state was trying to win me back, there was an amazing rain storm last night. Monsoon season in Arizona is incredible. It has some of the most beautiful lightening and fantastic down pours. Roads become rivers, eves are waterfalls. It might just be the severe contrast of stifling dry heat to completely drenched water wonderland, but I am swooned back to Arizona's enchantment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Whoever said that about storms inducing labor, let's just laugh at them in their face or stare them down depending on how we are feeling. Though, I hope you go into labor soon!
ReplyDelete