May has been busy. Megan's wedding, Garrett's graduation and a trip to Colorado. Needless to say, Kale is an experienced airline traveler. He even unbuckles the seat belt on his own.
May10th Megan and Chandler were married. It was a lovely beach wedding.
It was an intimate group of family and friends. The view and weather were perfect. We saw a whale in the ocean. I am sure that is a good omen for a happy marriage.
Garrett married them. He did a great job. I might be a bit biased because he took some of my advice in what to say and how to present things. He has always been a good public speaker, and things went well. More importantly, I think the bride was pleased with the way things turned out.
Kale was the ring bearer. We tried to get Kale to walk, or even to crawl, at 9 1/2 months he still does neither. (Which, honestly I am fine with. Mobility will add a whole new element of taking care of him in our tiny, not so baby proof apartment.) Per usual, I was his legs and helped him with his ring duty. Kale looked adorable. He had a bow-tie, birkenstocks and the cutest small rose corsage.
Grandpa was Kale's favorite person. He was all smiles with grandpa. These pictures say it best.
These photos are priceless.
He likes his parents too.
Put your spouse first. Garrett told a short story of when I took him on a surprise date to go dancing. He likes dancing and is good, but he did not want to go. We left. We got in the car and came home. It made an impression on him. We should do things for our spouse. That day, he says, he did not put me first, and it taught him a lesson that he will always remember.
Megan told us later she wanted to go to the tide pools on the beach. Chandler was tired and did not want to go. She reminded him of the dancing story and putting your spouse first. They went and saw the tide pools.







Garrett did do an excellent job. I think the Universal Church of the World felt well-represented by their minister.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Yes I think they were pleased.
Delete