Garrett teases me for liking "old lady" activities, including crocheting and family history. (I also like Whoppers and Good and Plentys, apparently that is old lady candy). Anyway, Family history is my church calling, even if it wasn't I would still like it. I like people and being connected. Over the Christmas holiday I was able to scan some family photos from the Marquette side. Scanning was a bit of a yawn, but worth it. My grandma gave me photos and while I was in Utah I had my grandpa go over the photos and the people in them, as it is his mothers side of the family. Stories came with the naming. It was great.
Below are four-generation photos. (I love this kind of stuff.) My Grandfather in the picture on the left, is the baby in the picture on the right. So side by side, it is like a seven generation photo.
 |
Above from left to right: my nephew James, his dad,
my brother Mark, our dad Klark and Grandpa Kelemen
The photo on the right: Grandpa Mark Kelemen is the Baby,
being held by his grandma, Mary Tiber. His mother, Kitty, is in the back.
The man on the left is grandpa's great grandpa, J.B Marquette.
|
Here are two diagrams showing the lineage.
Knowing about your family is valuable. Even secular studies prove the benefits. You don't have to take my word for it. (Do they still play reruns of Reading Rainbow in elementary school? they should. Does that make me sound old?)
The Stories That Bind Us
The Power of Storytelling
No comments:
Post a Comment